Skincare trends are ever changing, sometimes you just want to add a little luxury to your beauty routines at home and don't want to break the bank doing so. We've been there! A really fun way to add some additional benefits for your skin and keep your routines completely natural is to incorporate foods into your skin care.
Below we've put together some amazing natural foods by their colors that work wonders on the skin and some easy to create formulations for you to try out at home!
Orange + Yellows
- High in beta-carotene which are good free radical fighters hence they make wonderful anti-aging treatments. They also help to decrease skins oil production + theres evidence that it helps with psoriasis. The Vitamin-C content also promotes collagen growth, fights wrinkles, makes the skin supple and elastic. E.g. mangoes, lemons, oranges, pumpkin, etc.
- So essentially the content of this group encourage cell replacement and ward of attacks by free radicals that can damage the skin.
Purples + Blues
- Berries and plums come under this category. They are said to be laden with anti-oxidants, and are delicious at the same time. They also boost immune system and enhance digestion. E.g. blueberries, blackberries, plums, eggplant, etc.
- the contents of this class help ward of skin infections of different kinds and also ensure that the skin gets all the different nutrients needed in proper quantities.
Reds + Greens
- Red fruits and veggies contain Lycopene, which is a very potent anti-oxidant. It also protects from the sun rays. E.g. tomatoes, red bell peppers, papaya, watermelon, etc.
- So the contents of this class play an important role in protection against sun damage which one of the most common skin troubles that we face in today’s times.
- Consume cabbage, broccoli, green bell peppers, kiwi, celery, sprouts, etc. these fight cancer, provide you with Vitamin-C and Folate.
- Vitamin C and folate play a very important role in cell generation.
Formulations to create at home:
|Avocado + Carrot Body Mask||
Strawberry + Lemon Face Mask
|Begin by cooking the carrots on low heat until soft. Combine cooked carrots + avocado into bowl and mash until you have a paste like consistency. Add the remaining ingredients together and stir till evenly blended. Apply the mask onto skin wherever needed and allow to sit for 10-15 mins before showering off. Leftover mask can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.||
Combine all ingredients together and apply the mixture directly onto skin and allow to skit for 10 mins. Massage the remaining mixture on the top of hands for a gentle exfoliation. Rinse off the face and follow with toner + moisturize!